Join this live, CLE-eligible event and take away strategies to help companies doing business with EU countries – and the firms that counsel them – meet complex compliance requirements and avoid costly fines.
This informative, two-panel session includes a detailed discussion on critical implications to health care data and features DWT partner Adam Greene.
What Companies Need to Know About Data Transfers and the New EU Privacy Regime
Hear leading privacy experts discuss the challenging data protections landscape for U.S. companies that do business in the EU or transfer data and:
- Get tips and tactics to prepare for the May 2018 implementation of the EU GDPR and manage complex compliance challenges.
- Understand whether the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield and other data transfer mechanisms offer viable alternatives for companies.
- Hear about special considerations for health data transfers from the EU in the new privacy regime.
|Kendall C. Burman
Cybersecurity & Data Privacy Counsel
|Kirk J. Nahra|
Staying on the Right Side of the Law in 2017: Focus on Health Care Data
Join this panel session exploring the sensitive, lucrative and increasingly important role of health care data and:
- Learn what to expect under the Trump administration and new FTC Commissioner Acting Chairman Maureen Ohlausen about FTC authority over data privacy/security and implications for companies of all sizes, from internet giants to small businesses.
- Hear what health care companies need to do to protect health-care information beyond meeting HIPAA security requirements potential enforcement collaborations.
- Understand the practical implications of the LabMD litigation in the 11th Circuit – which challenges FTC enforcement over cybersecurity issues.
Davis Wright Tremaine
Ropes & Gray