This position is responsible for maintaining work-in-progress records, processing client invoices, monitoring time entry deadlines, editing billing memos, and other tasks as assigned. The ideal candidate should be willing to learn, have a high comfort level using a computer and preferably possess a college level degree in Finance or Accounting.
· Maintain work-in-progress records
· Process prebills and client invoices in an accurate and timely manner
· Ensure that the billing work product is timely, accurate and meets the needs of our clients and attorneys
· Ensure and maintain the correct set-up of client/matter information
· Produce various statistical reports and workflow schedule
· Assist with other accounting projects as needed
· Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality. Adhere to schedule by being timely on breaks, lunches and meetings
· Finance or Accounting Degree, or 5+ years relevant experience in an automated accounting department, required.
· Demonstrated high level of ability to use MS Office Products required
· Knowledge of Elite Enterprise billing software preferred
· Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
· High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Must perform well under pressures of heavy volumes and requests
· Demonstrated ability to problem solve, learn new technologies quickly and independently required
· Must be a team player and have ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
· Previous experience in a law firm or professional services organization, supporting a multi-office environment, preferred
· Ability to work overtime as needed
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.