Litigation Systems Analyst
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Litigation Systems Support Manager
SUMMARY: This position is responsible a wide range of litigation technology support activities, including maintenance of discovery databases, coordinating vendor collection and processing of electronic data, document production, trial support, assistance with case management and organization, end-user support and training, as well as all aspects of application maintenance and trouble-shooting.
- Provide technical litigation application support to case teams on day-to-day basis
- Build, configure, and maintain litigation specific databases; setup and configure user accounts; load and link images and electronic files; manipulate image load files; create and conduct searches of Concordance databases as required. Troubleshoot application and databases issues as needed.
- Case management and utilization of supported applications for efficient litigation support
- Provide general vendor support, including selecting vendors, scheduling and coordinating their work, creating technical job specifications for handling of electronic data, and overseeing data error corrections as needed
- Provide coding support, correcting coding problems whether done internally or by an outside vendor
- Assist with tracking information pertinent to a case (e.g., media, documents produced, deposition tapes, costs/budget items) by creating and maintaining Excel spreadsheets or some other means. Including auditing tracking logs.
- Implement and assist in development of Quality Control procedures
- Provide estimates and schedules on assignments and prepare regular status reports
- Train and increase the technical awareness and knowledge of legal support staff. May be asked to train temporary help and/or coders.
- Participate in Customer Service and Best Practice initiatives
- Assist with other special projects, tasks, and/or support as assigned
- Provide off-hours/Blackberry support, as necessary; travel as necessary
- Working non-business hours for application upgrades as necessary
- Stay current on litigation support tools and technologies
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality. Adhere to schedule by being timely on breaks, lunches and meetings.
- 3+ years experience as a paralegal/legal assistant or in a litigation systems support role, directly assisting others in the use of litigation technology and finding solutions for complex, multiple party actions, required.
- BA or BS degree required.
- Working knowledge of a wide range of litigation support software applications including document databases, hosted review tools, transcript management tools, trial presentation applications, e-discovery processing, document imaging and OCR, with a focus on Concordance, Live Note, Case Map and Trial Director.
- Strong knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office Suite; understanding of Windows XP in large networked environments required. Proficiency in the use of Access and Excel required.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve application problems, issues and errors. Application support experience preferred.
- A strong attention to detail and quality control required.
- Demonstrated ability to be methodical, organized, and detail-oriented. Must have the ability to multi-task and adjust to shifting priorities. Must work well under tight deadlines and in stressful situations, completing tasks quickly and efficiently.
- Must be a team player and have ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly and independently required
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with all levels of a professional services organization, including interpersonal skills, are required. Ability to cultivate customer, vendor, and coworker relationships is essential.
- Strong customer service, analysis, troubleshooting, problem solving, and follow-up skills are required; ability to troubleshoot problems over the telephone as well as in person
- Ability to handle stressful situations in a calm, composed manner required.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume and salary requirements to
, Human Resources Manager.
Davis Wright Tremaine believes that every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is Davis Wright Tremaine's policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all other employment-related decisions without regard to an employee's race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, handicap, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal law.