As a member of the firm wide Human Resources Department, this position is responsible for providing coordination and support for the full service staff recruiting for the firm’s general services departments (Accounting, HR, Marketing, Professional Development, IT), office support staff, and providing applicant sourcing assistance for the firm’s attorney recruiting managers. This position will also provide recruiting guidance for office-based legal support positions.
- Work directly with HR Manager and hiring managers to develop a specific recruitment plan replacement positions
- Maintain all pertinent applicant and interview data in the firm’s recruiting database (vi-Recruit)
- Maintain reporting charts for all OFCCP and diversity requirements
- Conduct prescreening interviews as assigned
- Post openings in newspaper advertisements, with professional organizations, and in other position appropriate venues
- Perform reference and background checks for potential employees
- Coordinate interviews and greet candidates (for Seattle-based interviews)
- Send rejection letters to candidates who do not move forward in the candidate process
- Collaborate with Human Resources to prepare and send offer packages.
- Leverage the Internet for recruitment
- Post positions to appropriate Internet sources
- Improve the firm’s website staff careers page to assist in recruiting
- Research new ways of using the Internet for recruitment
- Assist managers in the staff onboarding process
- Other assignments as necessary
Work Experience & Abilities Required
- Prior administrative experience in the recruiting function is required. Experience in a law firm or other professional services organization is a plus
- Experience with data management software is required. Experience with recruiting databases is preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office products, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Strong communications skills and client service both verbal and written
- Ability to work with highly confidential information
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with all levels of a professional services organization
- Ability to work independently, organize assignments, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- A basic level of knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations related to employment (for example, Title VII, ADA, ADEA, EEOC Uniform Guidelines) and follows those guidelines appropriately is preferred
- Knowledge of OFCCP guidelines preferred
- This position requires an extremely perceptive person who shows good judgment and who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels. As unique situations present themselves, the incumbent must be sensitive to the firm’s needs, the manager’s needs, employee goodwill, and the firm’s public image.
- This position also requires a person who is results driven, and who is willing to work together with different personalities in order to move the recruiting process forward in an efficient, diplomatic manner.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.