Regional Technical Support Specialist
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Regional Tech Support Manager
Office: Los Angeles
This position is responsible for providing direct, routine technical advice/support and troubleshooting assistance; installing software, setting up PCs; and providing training to attorneys and staff in the firm’s regional locations. Superior technical and customer service skills are paramount. Experience working in a law firm is required.
- Provide direct, routine technical advice/support, troubleshooting assistance, problem resolution, and responses to inquiries through the Help Desk for PCs (both laptops and desktops), printers, PC/server applications, databases, Blackberry devices, telephones, remote access, document transfers, and conversion/retrieval of archived documents to attorneys and staff either face-to-face, by remote access or on the telephone.
- Install software, configure, and set up PCs; install and set up printers and telephones as necessary.
- Provide telephone, PC, printer and/or application support training for new employees as well as ongoing or advanced training for existing attorneys and staff; prepare supplemental, supporting documentation as needed.
- Provide telephone support to users in multiple offices using firm-wide Call Center system; update status as ready/not-ready as needed.
- Coordinate specific systems-related office needs with the office administrators (or local supervisor) and regional LAN administrator; participate in network updates (this may require work be periodically done during non-standard hours for network maintenance and support).
- Schedule and communicate all system changes and downtime within the office.
- Keep up-to-date on the hardware and software supported.
- Coordinate timely repair of computer hardware with outside vendors, including tracking repair call logs, monitoring inventory levels, verifying bills/invoices, etc.
- Generate and maintain hardware and software inventories for the office.
- Assist with backup/restore, file reorganization, startup/shutdown of systems, as required.
- Assist with determining and defining the support impacts of new technology and planned software upgrades as requested.
- Prepare regular status reports; provide input into the systems budget for the office
- Assist with other special projects, tasks, and/or support as assigned.
- Provide off-hours/pager support, as necessary.
- Travel as necessary.
- Work non-business hours for application upgrades as necessary.
- 3+ years’ experience in providing direct PC, printer, and PC/server applications support preferred, experience working at a Help Desk required.
- 2+ years’ experience in a law firm required.
- Demonstrate an understanding of PCs, laptops, printers, various Windows OS, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to communicate in a pleasant and effective manner with attorneys and staff, in person and by telephone, required.
- Exceptional customer service and troubleshooting skills, problem solving, and follow-up skills are required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required. Must be a team player.
- Ability to handle stressful situations in a calm, composed manner.
- Ability to quickly assess and assimilate a situation, then adjust approach to fit, is required.
- Experience providing telephone and voicemail support a plus.
- Training experience, either one-on-one or classroom, a plus.
- Experience with backup/restore, and remote access a plus.
- Understanding of large networked environments (both LAN and WAN) a plus.
- A strong attention to detail and quality control required.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and support new technologies.
- Ability to work independently, with minimum supervision.
- GED/High School Diploma, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Please, no contact by external recruiters.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Davis Wright Tremaine believes that every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is Davis Wright Tremaine's policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all other employment-related decisions without regard to an employee's race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, handicap, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal law.