This year’s TechLaw Institute 2017: The Digital Evolution will provide attendees with the information they need to serve their clients in this ever-changing environment. Attendees will learn about security issues affecting new technology; legal issues raised by the emerging Internet of Things, as well as by disruptive and sharing technologies. Our speakers will share how companies can exploit all of the marketing possibilities that social media sites offer, while at the same time managing attendant risks.
DWT partner Christin McMeley will be taking part in a panel discussion, "Emerging Issues in Big Data and Analytics," on Thursday, March 30. Topics will include:
- What is Big Data? How it’s used, how it’s regulated, and the risks presented.
- What laws apply and what are the risks and benefits of Big Data?
- What issues are most important to consider when collecting and retaining Big Data?
- How have webscraping and webcrawling technologies impacted data collection?
- Beyond PII – Predictive and cross device targeting.