AUGUST 17, 2015 – Twelve DWT attorneys have been named 2016 "Lawyers of The Year" based on surveys conducted by the respected peer-review publication Best Lawyers.
The current, 22nd edition of The Best Lawyers in America (2016) is compiled from detailed, confidential evaluations of lawyers by other lawyers. Based on those surveys, Best Lawyers designates a single “Lawyer of the Year” in each of several high-profile specialties in major legal markets. One attorney is given the honor in each practice, in each market.
The full list of DWT "Lawyers of the Year" is below:
||Health Care Law
|Cindy L. Caditz
|Stuart R. Dunwoody
|Laura R. Handman
||Litigation - First Amendment
||Washington, D.C. |
|Judith Droz Keyes
||Litigation - Labor and Employment
|Elizabeth A. McNamara
|Ragan L. Powers
||Litigation - Bankruptcy
|Kelli L. Sager
||Los Angeles |
|Eric M. Stahl
||First Amendment Law
|Joseph M. VanLeuven
||Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency
and Reorganization Law
|Joseph D. Weinstein
||Closely Held Companies and
Family Businesses Law
|James E. Wreggelsworth
Several of these lawyers are repeat honorees:
- Sager was previously named Los Angeles "Lawyer of the Year" in First Amendment Law (2014, 2011) and Media Law (2013).
- Handman was named D.C. "Lawyer of the Year" in First Amendment Law (2015), Media Law (2015), and First Amendment Litigation (2014).
- Dunwoody was named Seattle "Lawyer of the Year" in IP Litigation (2014).
- McNamara was named New York City "Lawyer of the Year" in Media Law (2013).
- Weinstein was named Seattle "Lawyer of the Year" in M&A Law (2012).
Firmwide, 151 Davis Wright Tremaine lawyers across eight offices and 60 practice areas were included in the 2016 Best Lawyers list.
About Davis Wright Tremaine
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is a national law firm with approximately 500 lawyers representing clients based throughout the United States and around the world. For more information, visit www.dwt.com.