Aaron Stuckey is an experienced litigator whose practice emphasizes complex commercial and real estate litigation and insurance coverage disputes. He also regularly advises clients on a wide range of business matters, including commercial leases, employment issues, administrative agency matters, and governmental affairs.
Aaron has served as an arbitrator for the Multnomah County Circuit Court mandatory arbitration program since 2003.Practice Highlights
Recent litigation experience includes:
- Obtained arbitration award for specific performance and damages in a dispute involving the purchase and sale of a retail shopping center.
- Successfully defended publicly traded company in shareholder derivative action for breach of fiduciary duty and corporate waste.
- Recovered multimillion-dollar settlement for client with environmentally contaminated property from primary and excess insurance companies.
- Obtained summary judgment (and affirmation on appeal) for insurance company on coverage, defense and bad faith claims arising from construction defects.
- Assisted client in first-ever recovery from the State of Oregon hazardous substances fund for environmental remediation work performed under unilateral order.
- Obtained judgment (and affirmation on appeal) to allow public access to records of the State Insurance Accident Fund and, in related proceeding, an additional judgment holding SAIF in contempt of court for failing to comply with court order.
- Obtained preliminary injunction against the Oregon Liquor Control Commission to prevent interference with the warehousing and distribution practices of large grocery chain client.
- Obtained favorable results for commercial landlords in numerous breach of lease cases.
- Successfully defended insurance companies in claims by insureds seeking coverage for environmental liability.
- Successfully represented public officials in campaign finance and government ethics matters.