Keith Baldwin is a seasoned business transactions lawyer, focusing his practice on internal and external business agreements, including mergers and acquisitions, relationships among owner-entrepreneurs, and corporate governance. He assists startups and emerging growth companies in raising capital in compliance with federal and state securities laws, and serves as outside counsel to both emerging and mature businesses. Keith counsels companies and their owners in a variety of industries, including technology, food and hospitality, apparel, manufacturing, e-commerce, software, investment services and professional sports.
Keith is a frequent speaker on corporate and securities law, including the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and its impact on private businesses and boards of directors, mergers and acquisitions, limited liability companies and private investment funds. Practice Highlights
- Extensive experience with Federal Regulation D and state blue sky laws, Rule 144, Investment Advisers Act and Investment Company Act exemptions for private companies
- Advising investment professionals on the formation of private investment funds, including hedge funds, venture funds, social benefit funds and real estate funds
- Counseling business owners in transitioning their interests to another generation or to management
- Advising private companies on corporate governance and ethical standards that derive from adoption of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- Corporate mergers and acquisitions, including stock and asset transitions, spinoffs and recapitalizations