Kelsey Sheldon has been working with employers to find real-life solutions to employment and labor challenges for nearly 20 years, first as a human resources professional and now as an attorney. She supports employers in all aspects of their labor and employment relationships. Kelsey has significant experience with employers in the health care, retail, biotechnology, and media industries.
Kelsey’s clients include Whole Foods Market, Providence Health & Services, Kadlec Regional Medical Center, Nikkei Concerns, Lifelong AIDS Alliance, Avalere Health LLC, Sound Family Medicine, Institute for Systems Biology, Integrated Diagnostics, KIRO-TV, and King County.
Kelsey is a frequent speaker on employment law topics such as discrimination and harassment, wage and hour issues, and employer best practices.Practice Highlights
- Labor Dispute Resolution: Lead counsel defending employers in labor arbitrations, administrative hearings before the National Labor Relations Board and Washington’s Public Employment Relations Commission. Counsels employers through contractual grievance procedures.
- Labor Negotiations: Chief spokesperson for employers in collective bargaining.
- Employment Counseling: Guides for-profit and not-for-profit employers of every size through the challenges associated with the employment relationship, including management advice and counsel regarding discipline and discharge, disability accommodation and leave requirements, wage and hour laws, and safety and health issues. Advises on the use and terms of employment agreements and separation agreements, drafts personnel policies and procedures, and works with employers to develop best employment practices. Conducts and advises on internal investigations.
- Dispute Resolution: Represent employers in mediation, arbitration and administrative matters (such as the SOCR, WSHRC and EEOC) involving wrongful termination, harassment, discrimination and grievance arbitrations.
- Management, Employee and Human Resources Training: Frequently conducts training programs for managers, supervisors, and other employees regarding hiring, diversity, performance management, and employees with disabilities.