Allison A. Davis has both an antitrust counseling and litigation practice. She advises clients in many areas of antitrust law, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, antitrust agreements and the defense of Federal Trade Commission and U.S. Department of Justice investigations. Allison also represents large U.S. and international corporate clients in complex commercial litigation, including federal class actions, and jury trials, involving antitrust, contract disputes, food labeling, insurance coverage and related matters.
As a member of the firm's energy practice group, her industry focus is on independent power producers, renewable energy, and climate change regulation including cap and trade. In 2006 Allison became co-chair of the firm's climate change group, bringing her energy and mining background, as well as her regulatory expertise, to assist clients in navigating this emerging area of law.Practice Highlights
- Provide ongoing defense of price fixing claims for major Japanese electronics company
- Provides antitrust counseling advice to major Japanese tire manufacturers
- Provides antitrust counseling to distribution companies, including major U.S. retailers as well as EU companies looking to do business in the U.S.
- Provided international antitrust counseling for major HSR and wireless acquisition in U.S. and the EU
- Provided antitrust counseling and regulatory advice to major independent power producer for over ten years
- Provided HSR and antitrust counseling for large merger of Japanese seafood companies
- Successfully defended several medical groups against FTC allegations of antitrust violations
- Provided HSR and related counseling for many major hospital mergers
- Successfully represented municipal utilities in litigation adverse to investor-owned utilities
- Provided advice and counseling to an Australian firm looking for credits for carbon emission reductions in China