Elleanor Chin concentrates on litigation and alternative dispute resolution with a particular emphasis on electronic discovery. She represents clients in matters ranging from software contract disputes to prosecution of noncompetition agreements. Elleanor works across numerous industries including telecommunications, health care, manufacturing, and banking.
With over 12 years of litigation experience, Elleanor has tried cases to verdict and has handled various complex commercial and health care disputes including antitrust matters and class actions. She guides her clients in developing litigation strategy and supervising complex document review, preparing, implementing and drafting litigation holds, and counseling for litigation readiness.
Serving as discovery counsel mostly in employment, antitrust and healthcare litigation, Elleanor has extensive experience working with clients and case teams to develop discovery strategy, advise on electronic discovery vendor engagement, and provide management and counseling on all aspects of electronic discovery issues including complex preservation challenges, mandatory early discovery disclosures, meet-and-confer strategy, discovery defensibility, supervision of third party service providers and e-discovery in complex litigation.
Elleanor frequently speaks on electronic discovery topics. She has been on the faculty and seminar planning committee for the Defense Research Institute Electronic Discovery Seminar, a faculty member for the Georgetown Law Center’s Electronic Discovery Academy and is currently an active member of the Sedona Conference Working Group 1.Practice Highlights
- First chair in successful jury trial of sales commission dispute
- Prepared discovery readiness program for biotechnology company
- Supervised multiple complex document reviews with third party service providers
- Developed and implemented discovery strategy for hospital in antitrust law suit
- Developed and implemented discovery strategy for telecommunications arbitration
- Advised on strategy for taking and defending depositions on data collection and preservation
- Coordinated responses of hospital and financial institution to regulatory investigations
- Obtained jury verdict for plaintiff medical billing company against software developer for breach of contract and negligence