Linda White Atkins focuses her practice on real property development, land use, commercial real estate transactions, and water resources law. She assists a wide range of clients, including business owners and developers of commercial, residential and industrial property; nonprofit entities; and individuals.Practice HighlightsREAL PROPERTY DEVELOPMENT AND LAND USE
COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE TRANSACTIONS
- Lead strategic planning for real property redevelopment of large human services campus.
- Counsel large retailer on real property redevelopment project.
- Represent commercial and large scale residential project developers in obtaining local land use entitlements.
- Represent national wireless communications carriers in administrative land use hearings and LUPA appeals.
- Advise on permitting and land use issues under federal, state, and local regulations, including planning and zoning codes, SEPA, the Shoreline Management Act, telecommunications laws, and NEPA.
COMMERCIAL LEASE TRANSACTIONS
- Acquisition and sale of retail, office, mixed use and light industrial properties for commercial entities.
- Sale of large farm in urbanizing area and acquisition of modern food processing plant site for agriculture products producer.
- Acquisition and disposition of farming properties for commercial agricultural producer.
- Purchase and sale of high value residential properties for a number of individuals.
- Acquisition of site and associated easements for Washington State Horse Park for the Washington State Horse Park Authority Board.
REAL ESTATE WORK FOR COMMUNICATIONS-RELATED INDUSTRIES
- Assist landlords and tenants in commercial leasing of high rise office space.
- Handle commercial leasing of space in regional and local service malls and mixed use projects for multiple retail tenants.
- Represent owner of mixed use/light industrial building in leasing transactions with multiple tenants.
- Advised nonprofit human services campus in leasing transactions with multiple service provider tenants.
- Represented human services provider in multiple tenant side leasing transactions.
Linda regularly assists clients in the communications-related industries with a variety of real estate transactions. These clients include national and regional communications service providers, broadband and cable service providers, and radio broadcast licensees and operators. Her experience includes:
- Represent national wireless communications carrier in acquiring and disposing of network switch facilities.
- Assist national broadband and cable services provider with real estate transactions involving multiple facility sites.
- Represent national wireless communications carrier in leasing of network facility sites.
- Assisted radio broadcast licensees in complex local entitlement process matters and assisting them with compliance under NEPA related to federal permit applications.