Margaret Schaaf focuses her practice on leasing negotiations for retail and office tenants, handling dozens of such transactions each year. She also handles a variety of other real estate matters, drawing on over 25 years of experience with real estate transactions of all kinds.
Mig's clients have included: Bank of America, Eastern Mountain Sports, Hot Topic, J. Crew, Metropark USA, PATH, The Pokémon Company, The Seattle Times, Seattle Art Museum, Starbucks, Sweet Factory and T-Mobile. Practice Highlights
- Serves as exclusive outside leasing counsel for clothing and accessories retailer J. Crew since 2005, assisting the company in securing over 100 new store leases totaling hundreds of thousands of square feet.
- Reviews and advises on leases for office and service facilities all over the world for PATH, an international nonprofit health care organization.
- Served on a fast-paced team of outside and inhouse counsel negotiating leases for Starbucks Coffee Company in locations throughout the U.S. and Canada between 1995-2000, when the retailer grew by more than 800 stores internationally.
- Represented juniors retailer Hot Topic as its sole leasing counsel for over a decade, from its first store leases to a publicly traded chain of over 500 units.
- Works with clients such as Bank of America, Seattle Art Museum, and The Seattle Times to develop and negotiate lease forms with retail, office and industrial tenants.