We understand that an organization must skillfully address harassment complaints, ensure equal employment opportunity, implement safety compliance, handle family and medical leaves, manage performance and terminations, and train managers to deal with all of this, while staying on top of the law’s changes.
We help employers implement the necessary human resources practices and decisions to keep their organizations moving forward and minimize risk and distraction, including:
- Ensuring legal compliance, helping implement performance improvement plans and minimizing liability with terminations
- Advising employers through corporate restructuring and reductions in force, including WARN Act compliance
- Advising on wage and hour issues, disability accommodation and handbook development
- Managing workplace investigations and serving as outside investigators
- Developing effective corporate diversity programs
We also offer customized training programs for our clients, providing tailored education to your internal staff. These programs are:
- Highly interactive
- Conducted by experienced facilitators
- Based on legal expertise
- Tailored to your operations policies, work culture and time constraints
We supplement our counsel and training programs with seminars, electronic alerts on emerging issues and developments, and employment law deskbooks for California, Oregon, Washington, and Alaska.
Beyond our team’s depth and experience, clients appreciate our approach to their businesses. We believe it is important to understand and appreciate our clients’ business, culture and objectives. With this knowledge, we can then give straightforward, practical advice to help them make well-informed decisions that manage risk appropriately and help achieve their business goals.
We look for opportunities to use alternative fee arrangements to align incentives with our clients or provide greater cost certainty. Based on our clients’ needs and goals, we can offer retainer packages and blended rates for counseling and training programs.