Members of our energy group provide a full range of transactional, regulatory and litigation and project development and financial services to a wide variety of entities in the electric power and natural gas industries across the United States.
In the electric power sector, we provide legal services and counseling in project development, energy trading and other transactions, federal and state regulatory matters, and litigation for:
- Independent power producers
- Investor-owned and municipal utilities
- Energy marketers
- Electric cooperatives
We also represent owners of hydroelectric facilities in connection with hydroelectric licensing, relicensing and compliance matters.
In the natural gas sector, we provide legal services and counseling on natural gas regulatory and transactional issues as well as litigation for:
- Industrial customers
- Electric utilities
- Independent electric generators
- Producers and marketers
We have a wealth of experience in all renewable energy technologies including wind, solar, biomass, fuel cell, geothermal, biofuels, and hybrid facilities. Our experience includes:
- Project development, construction and operation
- Mergers, acquisitions and financing
- Permitting, siting, and environmental review
- Compliance with renewable energy standards and WREGIS requirements
- Interconnection and power purchase agreements
Our national energy practice features lawyers who have held senior positions at major U.S. investor-owned utilities, the California Public Utilities Commission, the Bonneville Power Administration, and as counsel to the U.S. Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources.