Producing and distributing a motion picture is complex, expensive and risky. Clients derive great value from working with lawyers who are focused on the industry and have broad experience and relationships.
Our lawyers share your passion for your work and your industry. We provide the full range of legal services at each stage of the process, including the following:
- Negotiating and documenting debt and equity financing arrangements
- Handling the full range of necessary agreements, including acquisition and distribution agreements, licensing agreements for music or other content, publishing, and advertising agreements
- Securing intellectual property rights, including copyright clearance and rights analysis, and trademark counseling and registration
- Helping clients avoid litigation through pre-publication review
- Defending clients against claims of defamation, violation of privacy, rights of publicity, theft of ideas, and copyright or trademark infringement
- Negotiating talent and labor agreements and contracts
- Negotiating relationships with cinemas, festivals and other exhibitors
- Production and pre-broadcast counseling
Our attorneys have years of experience handling our clients’ legal and business issues. We help them spot opportunities, identify issues before they arise and manage risk, giving them the peace of mind to focus on creative work.
Our film industry team is part of a larger entertainment industry team that also focuses on the arts and other entertainment businesses. This breadth of focus enables us to help clients develop relationships and secure agreements to exploit their work across multiple platforms.