We in the Real Estate and Land Use Practice Group feel privileged in helping our clients shape our built environment, and we recognize that sustainable development and conservation are keys to our shared commitment to future generations and vital to our continued success as a law firm. We have extensive experience developing green projects under the LEED certification system and have helped clients explore new concepts for energy efficiency, transit-oriented multi-family neighborhoods, and navigating city and county building codes that are often roadblocks to green innovation. We also routinely negotiate green leases, prepare condominium declarations with a green focus, and assist with conservation easements and other conservation programs through state and federal programs.
We regularly address issues in green development related to:
- Tax incentives and credits for green building and site selection
- Brownfield remediation and redevelopment
- City and county land use procedures and hearings
- Conservation easements and restrictive land covenants
- Energy efficiency programs and funding
- Hotel natural resource sustainability programs
- Sustainable building material certification and green guides
In addition, our attorneys authored the “Green Building” chapter of the Washington Real Property Deskbook, published by the Washington State Bar Association.