We represent many of the nation’s best-known content providers and publishers, including newspapers, magazines, book publishers (traditional and e-books), authors, bloggers, online producers and electronic publishers. We serve them with a unified industry team that focuses on intellectual property, media litigation, technology, marketing and advertising, and business transactions.
Our team provides publishers with focused, sophisticated counsel to supplement their in-house resources. We are known as one of the top firms in the country in this area. Many of our lawyers have worked in-house with publishing companies and understand their internal issues and responsibilities.
We advise our clients on all aspects of publishing-related law, including:
- Around-the-clock pre-publication review of material for all media, including blogs
- Copyright and other intellectual property issues
- Licensing and syndication agreements
- Litigation across the country and in all levels of courts—defamation, libel, prior restraint, SLAPP, antitrust
- Access to government information
- Reporters’ privilege and access to courts
- Privacy and right of publicity
- Marketing and advertising
- Contract negotiations and contract disputes
We also provide in-house training and seminars to help prepare executives and journalists on how to avoid legal pitfalls. Because of our experience industry knowledge and exposure to similar situations confronted by other clients, we also act as a sounding board on many issues.