Our real estate litigation lawyers have a wealth of experience in a spectrum of real estate-related disputes. We represent a broad range of real estate industry clients in state and federal (including bankruptcy) courts, and we serve as advocates at the trial and appellate level; before administrative agencies; and in all forms of alternative dispute resolution, including arbitration and mediation. However, we are more than litigators: we understand the real estate industry and take the time to learn the complexities of our clients’ businesses as well.
Our clients are owners, investors, builders, lenders, developers, commercial and residential landlords, commercial tenants, brokers and agents, contractors, lenders and financial institutions, owners’ associations, and telecommunication carriers. We have handled disputes involving virtually all forms of property interests, from large commercial developments and pooled mortgage trusts to condominium buildings and raw land.
Our real estate litigation experience includes:
- Purchase and sale agreement disputes
- Joint ownership disputes (e.g., partnerships, LLCs, cotenants and other disputes between participants within an ownership group)
- Quiet title litigation and adverse possession claims
- Real estate covenants disputes
- Easement disputes
- Timber trespass prosecution and defense
- Advising and representing manufactured home parks and floating home marinas
- Real estate brokerage claims
- Commercial and residential lease disputes – landlord rights
- Commercial lease disputes – tenant’s rights
- Evictions and eviction defense
- Judicial and nonjudicial foreclosures
- Defending “wrongful foreclosure” actions
- Receiverships and bankruptcy litigation
- Lien disputes
- Eminent domain/condemnation
- Title insurance claims
Our attorneys are familiar with the real estate industry and markets in the areas where they practice. They are recognized leaders in real estate litigation and are authors and presenters on real estate-related topics. They also work closely with our real estate transaction specialists to deliver the most cost-effective and valuable advice to solve disputes. Because today’s real estate issues are increasingly complex and rapidly changing, our litigators also work with our firm’s experts in construction, environmental regulation, bankruptcy and other related areas of specialization to deliver custom legal services to fit your needs.
Our approach is focused on resolving your disputes in the manner most appropriate for your business. Because civil litigation is often an inefficient way to resolve disputes, we always explore any and all available opportunities for preventing or resolving any dispute through skillful planning, negotiation, and settlement or mediation strategies. However, when you are forced to protect or defend your property rights, we are here to represent you as aggressive, effective and efficient advocates.