The television industry moves quickly, is brutally competitive, requires constant attention to audiences and advertisers, and is subject to intense scrutiny from public watchdogs and regulators. At the same time it is extremely dynamic and presents tremendous opportunities driven by new technologies and evolving business relationships.
Clients receive great value working with lawyers who are focused on the industry and provide a full range of services. Our lawyers share your passion for the industry. With years of experience in our clients’ legal and business issues, we help them spot opportunities, identify issues before they arise, manage risk, and give them the peace of mind to focus on the work they love.
We represent all aspects of the television business, including development, production, licensing and distribution. We are well-versed in cable, satellite and broadcast television issues as well as the basics of getting a program from pilot stage to initial broadcast and beyond.
The services we provide include:
- Production legal services for cable series and feature film productions
- Cross-border financing transactions for cable television series
- Hosting and other agreements for on-camera talent
- Licensing and syndication agreements
- Sponsorship and product placement agreements
- Copyright analysis and other intellectual property issues
- Production and pre-broadcast counseling for First Amendment / defamation issues
- Title clearance review – analysis of proposed titles for television and feature films
- FCC access, programming and digital conversion regulations
Our television industry team is part of a larger entertainment industry team that also focuses on the arts and other entertainment businesses. This breadth of focus enables us to help clients develop relationships and secure agreements to exploit their work across multiple platforms.