Our health care reform team has experience designing and creating the legal structures for new care delivery models. We have assisted in the formation and implementation of bundled payment programs for cardiac, orthopedic and other specialty services. We have formed accountable care organizations that participate in the Medicare Shared Saving Program as well as similar organizations designed to serve commercial populations, state Medicaid enrollees or employees under a self-insured plan. We have attorneys who focus on helping clients maximize Medicaid and Medicare reimbursements and compliance experts who assist with enforcement and government reporting strategies.
Our attorney team is prepared to assist clients in any industry with the Accountable Care Act’s various unprecedented changes, including:
- Establishment of accountable care organizations, medical homes and bundled payment programs
- Value-based purchasing and pay-for-performance incentives and penalties
- Demonstration projects to promote innovation and efficiency in the delivery system
- New compliance duties
- Increased "red tape" in provider enrollment and change of ownership filings
- Extension of state Medicaid programs to cover new patient populations
- Changes to the federal False Claims Act, and other provisions designed to curb fraud, waste and abuse
- Transparency in the flow of money among health care providers and vendors and the delivery of care
- Incentives to encourage the use of Health Information Exchanges and Electronic Health Records
Contact any of the health care reform team for more information.