Without waiting on Congress, Obama administration agency actions have changed the landscape for all employers, large and small, union and non-union. Atendees learned about the new rules and what to expect in the future.
Labor Law: Changes That Impact Both Union and Non-union Employers
Speaker: Mark Hutcheson, partner
- EFCA sinks; NLRB revives its mission
- Salvaging social media policies after AMR
- Pre-emptive terminations: a new unfair labor practice
- The NLRB's selective preemption actions
- Signs of change: new posters, electronic remedial notices, and "bannering"
Employment Law: Does Your Compliance Focus Match the Government's?
Speaker: Lawton Humphrey, partner
- The hottest discrimination claims and agency priorities
- "One-Year and You're Out" leave of absence policies
- "Too Much Information" — breastfeeding, GINA, and undocumented workers
- The latest deficit reduction strategy: independent contractor taxes
OFCCP Gets Tougher on Federal Contractors
Speaker: Tom Lemly, partner
- Two hundred more compliance officers = more audits and investigations
- Broader outreach to increase individual complaints
- Expanded coverage for veterans, disabled, construction
- More full-blown AAP audits, fewer desk audits
- Increased emphasis on compensation discrimination
- Subcontractors at risk — particularly in healthcare