In June and July, the FCBA will present a series of three events to contribute to the ever-widening policy debate on regulating online platforms. DWT partner Ambika Kumar will be speaking at the third of these sessions titled "Social Media Content Moderation."
- What are the current content moderation practices in social media?
- How does the Section 230 case law affect these practices?
- Can misinformation/disinformation on social media be prevented?
- Can/should algorithms be regulated or at least better understood, and how could this be done?
- Are private sector solutions (e.g., oversight boards, greater competition) helping to ameliorate problems of misinformation/disinformation on social media?
- Do Fairness Doctrine-like principles have a role in social media?
- Platforms v. Publishers: What are the implications of the Australian experience with Facebook?
- What should be the public interest policymaking priorities for content moderation?