- Provide clear and complete notice to parents of information the site collects online from children, and how it uses and discloses the information.
- Obtain verifiable parental consent prior to any collection, use, and/or disclosure of personal information from children
- Allow parents to review the personal information collected from their children and to refuse to permit its further use or maintenance.
- Make sure that each type of information collected from a child is reasonably necessary for the provision of the particular related activity.
- Use procedures to protect the confidentiality, security, and integrity of personal information collected from children.
- Link to the FTC’s website to provide tips on protecting children’s privacy online: www.OnGuardOnline.gov.