The magnitude of the compliance effort many businesses will undertake to become compliant with the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) should not be underestimated. Despite its facial similarity to Europe’s new privacy law, the GDPR, the CCPA is a different law with different goals, a different enforcement scheme, and perhaps most notably, a different and expanded definition of personal information.
- What the law does, and what it doesn’t.
- Why the CCPA makes data governance a paramount compliance priority.
- Unresolved issues of statutory interpretation and how they could affect compliance.
- How lessons learned from GDPR implementation can ease CCPA compliance efforts.
- Triage: what your 2019 compliance roadmap might look like and the activities that should be prioritized.
For more information and to register click here.
1.0 CLE Credits Pending
*This program is appropriate for both newly admitted and experienced NY attorneys.