Cryptocurrencies represent just one of the applications of blockchain technology, but the promise of global, digital currencies has stoked the imagination and interest of millions of entrepreneurs, investors and fintech leaders, leading to a boom in cryptocurrency and token projects. Although sometimes viewed with skepticism by traditional finance companies and regulators, the crypto market is now firmly established and will continue to develop alongside existing financial markets.
Companies across many industries are currently moving into production with blockchain applications and exploring cryptocurrency use cases, while others are just learning about the possibilities. In either case, companies need lawyers who combine an understanding of their clients' industries and business objectives, with the obsessive nature of enthusiasts who not only understand the technology, but affirmatively embrace it.
DWT's blockchain initiative brings together over 20 lawyers focused on the application of blockchain technology to the various industries in which they specialize. Because our attorneys passionately understand and engage with distributed technologies, they are not afraid to roll up their sleeves and help clients develop practical solutions in legal areas where there is little existing guidance.
Collectively, the team provides start-ups, venture capitalists, and established companies with the combined expertise to help companies evaluate and implement blockchain technologies, and to guide them through regulatory and market condition challenges around blockchain and crypto.
- Advised blockchain media venture on creating smart-contract licensing solutions for content tracking and attribution.
- Represented major cloud technology and SaaS provider in development of blockchain consortia platform.
- Advised international blockchain infrastructure development company on intellectual property and other legal issues.
- Represented companies on securities law related to blockchain-based finance, supply chain, gaming and media offerings, including security token offerings.
- Provided media vetting and other legal services to one of largest news and research sites in blockchain and crypto space.
- Advised global music company on platform for tokenized fan-engagement.
- Provided corporate and trademark counseling to startup focused on custody of digital assets.
- Represented global film and television company on blockchain transactions for online gaming.
- Provided securities law and media law counseling to research and consulting business advising blockchain-based startups.
- Prepared AML policy for cryptocurrency exchange.
- Represented cryptocurrency exchange in connection with fraudulent transfer activity and potential asset freeze.
- Advised online bank regarding risk assessment arising from different banking products and services related to blockchain.
- Represented crypto mining company with respect to transactions on bitcoin network.
- Advised client regarding solution enabling charities to accept cryptocurrency donations.
- Advised content aggregation platform on blockchain solutions, smart contracts and rights management.
- Counseled major television broadcaster on potential cryptocurrency securities offering.
- Advised client on startup business allowing retailers to add functionality for prepaid card using bitcoin.
- Advised online retailers regarding Bitcoin acceptance and negotiated related agreement.