Products Counseling Team
Your cutting-edge products and services are connected and cross-disciplinary—and increasingly affected by novel regulatory and policy issues. Your legal team should be as well versed in your products as you are; their knowledge of these legal traps should be encompassing; and their ability to integrate the two holistically should be first-in-class. Davis Wright Tremaine boasts precisely this mix: Our experienced team of lawyers has the cross-disciplinary skills needed to address your thorniest problems—and even spot the ones you didn’t know you had.
- Market research/competitive analysis
- Testing/Beta/Early Access/NDAs
- Third-party collaborations
- NUX/OOBE/FTUE issues
- Analysis of licensing obligations and obtain licenses, where necessary
- Draft end-user terms, including to address high-risk or highly regulated uses
End-of-Life/ Deprecation Support
- Ensuring compliance with existing regulations
- Advocating before regulators about novel issues raised by cutting-edge products
- Monitoring regulatory proceedings and filing comments on proposed regulations
- Defending clients in regulatory investigations and audits
Et harum quidem rerum facilis est et expedita distinctio.
- Assisted Fortune 100 client with regulatory issues involved in marketing video communications product to highly regulated commercial customers.
- Represented client in rulemaking proceeding on Section 230 liability.
- Represent users of WeChat in challenging the legality of the federal government's efforts to ban the WeChat app.
- Advised large telecommunications provider on developing an app for parents to track their children.
- Advised financial services provider on how to approach an RFP by a federal government agency to provide financial data to that entity.
- Advised large technology company's development of communications platform as a service (CPaaS), including technology, telecommunications, and privacy and security advice for partner and customer contracts.
- Assisted large technology company with the launch of first and second generation teleconferencing devices and software.
- Advised client on out-of-box-experience for a new consumer device, including packaging requirements and new user onboarding screens.
- Assisted large technology company in developing go-to-market and communications plan for new XR consumer devices.
- Assisted FinTech provider with the roll out of a contactless, closed-loop cashless payment solution for U.S. sports clubs and their fans.
- Advised large U.S. bank with the structuring and negotiation of a series of collaboration and services agreements with large technology company to provide consumer bank accounts and related services through the technology company's applications and interfaces.
- Advised large U.S. banks and credits unions with API licensing and data access agreements with data aggregators, including advising on the ever changing regulatory framework applicable to these activities.
- Assisted biotech therapeutics and vaccine developer and manufacturer with clinical trial agreements and related agreements for the procurement of medical devices and clinical support.
- Assisted large communications company launch multiple wearable devices navigate various licensing schemes, including alarm system licensing, healthcare licensing, and veterinary care licensing.
- Assisted start-up determine licensing obligations for UV disinfection device.
- Advised multiple large technology companies on state licensing obligations for telehealth and televet apps.