Desktop Image: Basinski, Patrick
Mobile Image: Basinski, Patrick
Patrick Basinski advises businesses of all sizes in connection with the acquisition, development, marketing, sale, and support of technology. He has particular experience and interest in transactions involving cloud services, software, artificial intelligence, and associated issues around the use and sharing of Big Data. Having served in-house for Microsoft and Dell and as outside counsel to numerous global and emerging tech companies, Patrick has deep experience leading transactions and providing strategic and targeted assistance and counseling to legal and business teams across many industries and around the world.
Strategic technology alliances
Structured and negotiated strategic technology alliance agreements to enable development, marketing, and sale of joint solutions by and between tech companies including global multinationals and private/venture-backed entities.
Technology and intellectual property licensing
Advised and represented providers and customers in drafting and negotiation of software, hardware, services and associated technology-related agreements for enterprise-wide systems as well as targeted solutions.
Complex cloud solution agreements
Advised global cloud service providers in design of structures and agreements to enable direct and indirect (channel) sale of multi-party, bundled, white-labeled, or other complex cloud and hybrid solutions.
Admitted to Practice
J.D., University of Texas School of Law, 2001, with honors
- Texas Law Review
M.P.A., University of Texas, Lyndon B. Johnson School of Public Affairs, 1994
- Lyndon B. Johnson Foundation Award for Academic Excellence
B.A., History, University of Texas, 1989
Memberships & Affiliations
- Corporate Counsel Section, Business Law Section – Washington State Bar Association
- Advisory Committee, Clean Energy Incubator, Austin Technology Incubator, 2005-2009
- Pro bono legal advisor, PeopleFund (a nonprofit community lender), 2001-2010
- Senior Attorney, 2014-2017; Attorney, 2012-2014 – Microsoft Corporation, Redmond, Wash.
- Senior Counsel, 2010-2012; Counsel 2009-2010 – Dell Inc., Roundrock, Texas
- Associate Attorney, Baker Botts LLP, Austin, Texas, 2001-2009
Your search returned no results. Please try another search or remove search criteria.