Jeff Belfiglio works with clients to find creative ways to structure their benefits plans and keep them in compliance. He guides clients through a wide range of issues, including plan mergers, spinoffs, terminations, and restructuring in corporate transactions. Many of Jeff’s projects are the result of benefits advisors or auditors finding issues but realizing that the employer needs experienced guidance to find the most practical solution.
Jeff works with benefit plans of corporations, government agencies, and nonprofit organizations, in both union and nonunion situations. He drafts and maintains all types of qualified plans, 403(b) and 457 plans, nonqualified plans, and cafeteria plans. His thorough familiarity with IRS and DOL correction procedures has helped many clients resolve compliance issues and avoid agency audits.
Jeff has presented before the Washington State Software Alliance, Western Association of College and University Business Officers, Washington Society of CPAs, ISCEBS, Western Pension & Benefits Conference, Washington Self-Insurers Association, and the EBIA.
Jeff has represented Banner Bank, PeaceHealth, Hawaiian Airlines, Tacoma Employees’ Retirement System, Hawaii Sheet Metal Workers plans, and various contractors associated with the Department of Energy.
Terminations and de-risking
Executive compensation packages
Admitted to Practice
J.D., Stanford Law School, 1982
- Order of the Coif
B.A., Political Science, Saint Louis University, 1979, summa cum laude
Memberships & Affiliations
- Western Pension & Benefits Conference
- National Association of Public Pension Attorneys
- Named one of "America's Leading Lawyers for Business" by Chambers USA in Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation (Washington), 2021-2022
- Received the H. Stewart Tremaine Award, Davis Wright Tremaine, 2012
- Named one of the "Best Lawyers in America" in Employee Benefits Law by Best Lawyers, 2001-present
- Selected to "Washington Super Lawyers" in Employee Benefits/ERISA, Thomson Reuters, 2010