Bruce Bjerke counsels clients in business transactions, including the acquisition or sale of companies. For the past 30 years, he has handled hundreds of these transactions for clients such as Starbucks Corporation, Microsoft, Amazon, Red Lion Hotels, Edison Energy, Puget Sound Energy, ECOVA, Security Properties, Inc., and Bristol Bay Native Corporation. He also counsels boards of directors on corporate governance and strategic planning.
Bruce has served on boards of directors for businesses, including as chairman and president of Riddell Williams P.S., chairman of the board of directors of West Coast Hotels, and chairman of the board of directors of Paramount Hotels.
Admitted to Practice
J.D., University of Washington School of Law, 1976
- Order of the Coif
M.A., University of Oxford, 1974, with honors
- Rhodes Scholar
B.A., Pacific Lutheran University, 1972, magna cum laude
Memberships & Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- Former Member and Chair, Board of Regents, Pacific Lutheran University
- Trustee and former Chairman, Board of Trustees, Childhaven
- Former Member and President, Board of Directors, The Market Foundation
- Former Chairman, Board of Directors, Pike Market Medical Clinic
- Former Chair and President, Riddell Williams, P.S.
- Former Chair of the Board, West Coast Hotels, Inc.
- Named one of "America’s Leading Lawyers for Business" in Corporate/Commercial Law (Washington) and a "Senior Statesmen" by Chambers USA
- Named one of the "Best Lawyers in America" by Best Lawyers
- Recognized as one of Washington state's "Amazing Lawyers" by Washington CEO and as one of Seattle's "Top Lawyers" by Seattle Magazine
- Selected to "Washington Super Lawyers," Thomson Reuters, 2003-2021
- Selected to "Top 100 Washington Super Lawyers," Thomson Reuters