Brandon Braithwaite is a labor and employment attorney with DWT's Los Angeles Office where he applies his years of experience as in-house counsel with one of the largest independent federal employees unions to help employers navigate complex labor issues. Equipped with this first-hand knowledge of labor, Brandon advocates on behalf of clients in negotiations, arbitration, litigation, and other disputes.
During his time as assistant counsel with a national independent labor union, Brandon acted as chief spokesperson in a variety of forums, including arbitration, unfair labor practice hearings, and mediation/impasse resolution. His experience with labor-side negotiations includes leading multiple successful collective bargaining negotiations on behalf of 50,000 union members, building consensus on major issues and securing favorable agreements that met the needs of workers.
Brandon is further experienced with counseling organizations on a host of commercial transactions at the intersection of sports and digital media. To that end, Brandon has provided legal advice on matters relating to intellectual property rights, licensing, compensation, and regulatory compliance in deals involving professional athletes and sports organizations.
Admitted to Practice
District of Columbia, 2017
J.D., Labor and Employment, The Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, 2015
- Dean's List
- Sports and Entertainment Law Society
- President, Legal Services Society, 2013-2015
- Associate Editor, The Journal of Contemporary Health Law and Policy, 2013-2014
B.A., Criminal Justice, University of Maryland, College Park, 2011
Memberships & Affiliations
- Black Entertainment and Sports Law Association, 2019-present
- Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc.
- Counsel, Players Media Group, Inc., Dallas, 2020-2021
- Assistant Counsel for Negotiations, National Treasury Employees Union, Washington, D.C., 2015-2020
- Law Clerk, National Labor Relations Board, Washington, D.C., 2015
- Plato Papps Fellow, Mooney, Green, Saindon, Murphy, and Welch, P.C., Washington, D.C., 2014-2015
- Student Attorney, Innocence Project & Clemency Project, Washington, D.C., 2013-2014
- Law Clerk, International Brotherhood of Teamsters, Washington, D.C., 2013