Mobile Image: placeholder for no bio photo
Carly Chan focuses on transactions where technology and entertainment intersect by helping clients negotiate and draft agreements related to all aspects of the production, promotion, distribution, and acquisition of content and digital media. She drafts and negotiates advertising, sponsorship, promotion, endorsement, and various brand-licensing agreements. In addition, Carly helps technology companies draft and negotiate agreements to sell their software, hardware, and software-as-a-service products, and also helps with complex collaboration and joint development agreements to develop innovative hardware and software products.
Represents advertising agencies in drafting and negotiating agreements for the production and distribution of articles and videos via social-media platforms in connection with campaigns for their clients.
Drafts and negotiates brand-licensing agreements for theme parks, theatrical events, and live exhibitions.
Represents a Fortune 100 company in agreements to partner with companies to invest in and develop new integrated circuit technology.
Admitted to Practice
J.D., University of Washington School of Law, 2004
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Legal Protection of Computer Software
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Biotechnology Law
B.A., Biology, Whitman College, 1999
- Sally Ann Abshire Research Scholar Award
Memberships & Affiliations
- Corporate Counsel Section; Intellectual Property Section; International Law Section – Washington State Bar Association
- Associate General Counsel, The Pokémon Company International, Inc, Bellevue, Wash., 2009-2013
- Associate, Heller Ehrman LLP, Seattle, 2006-2008
- Associate, Hendricks & Lewis, Seattle, 2005-2006
- Judicial Clerk, Hon. David Mannheimer, Alaska Court of Appeals, Anchorage, Alaska, 2004-2005
- Legal Intern, Intellectual Ventures, Bellevue, Wash., 2004
- Judicial Extern, Michael J. Heavey, King County Superior Court, Kent, Wash., 2002
- Extern, Office of the Attorney General, Natural Resources Division, Olympia, Wash., 2002
Your search returned no results. Please try another search or remove search criteria.