Cristina Chou helps clients expand their current offerings and launch new products and services. For technology companies, she drafts and negotiates agreements for software licensing, cloud services, online advertising, marketing, artificial intelligence, internet of things, and cybersecurity services. She counsels financial institutions on deals covering emerging payment systems and data aggregation.
In her regulatory practice, Cristina helps cable and telecom companies navigate rulemaking and other proceedings at the FCC. A former legal advisor to an FCC commissioner, NTIA staffer, and vice president of regulatory affairs, Cristina uses her skills in legal analysis, strategic policy development, and advocacy to help clients clear a path for their business objectives. She has participated in numerous significant proceedings at the agency, on issues including ISP privacy, video franchising, broadband infrastructure, retransmission consent, navigation devices, online video, effective competition, program carriage, program access, leased access, and accessibility issues.
Admitted to Practice
District of Columbia, 1996
J.D., Vanderbilt University Law School, 1994
B.A., English, Economics, Duke University, 1991
Memberships & Affiliations
- Practising Law Institute
- Federal Communications Bar Association
- Women in Cable Telecommunications
- American Bar Association
- Vice President, Regulatory Affairs, Time Warner Cable, Washington, D.C., 2008-2016
- Legal Advisor to Commissioner Robert McDowell, Federal Communications Commission, Washington, D.C., 2006-2008
- Associate Bureau Chief, Media Bureau, Federal Communications Commission, Washington, D.C., 2006
- Telecommunications Analyst, National Telecommunications and Information Administration, U.S. Department of Commerce, Washington, D.C., 2002-2004
- Senior Counsel, Teleglobe USA Inc., Reston, VA, 2001-2002
- Associate, 1997-2001; Of Counsel, 2004-2006; Morrison & Foerster LLP, Washington, D.C.
- Associate, Fulbright & Jaworski LLP, Washington, D.C., 1995-1997
- Law Clerk, Hon. John G. Heyburn II, U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky, Louisville, KY, 1994-1995