Lyra Correa assists clients with health information privacy and security issues and compliance. Lyra has worked with clients across a wide range of privacy and security situations, from breach response and regulatory investigations to every day counseling on health information privacy impacting their operations.
Lyra also helps clients with other privacy matters related to European privacy laws, student privacy issues, internet and mobile privacy issues, and the development and review of internal privacy and security programs.
Before joining DWT, Lyra worked at the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) Office for Civil Rights on HIPAA matters and within a hospital system compliance department on privacy issues. This experience has helped Lyra understand the perspective of both the client and regulator, giving her a unique position to better gauge how clients can minimize their risks and attain compliance with the laws that affect them.
General privacy and security counseling
Admitted to Practice
B.A., University of Maryland, 2008
- Dean's List, 2005-2007
J.D., University of Maryland School of Law, 2014
- Research Assistant, Centers for Health & Homeland Security
Memberships & Affiliations
- National Contract Management Association, 2014-2016
- Health Care Compliance Association, 2014-2016
- Contract Specialist, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, Department of Health and Human Services, Baltimore, 2016-2018
- Corporate Compliance Analyst, 2015-2016; Corporate Compliance Specialist, 2014-2015 – University of Maryland Medical System, Baltimore
- Health Information Privacy Extern, Office for Civil Rights, Department of Health and Human Services, Washington, D.C., 2014