Desktop Image: Cox, Sarah
Mobile Image: Cox, Sarah
Sarah Cox is a commercial litigator who concentrates her practice on resolving business-related disputes through litigation, arbitration, and mediation. She represents technology, manufacturing, construction, e-commerce, retail, and many other types of companies in prosecuting and defending civil claims in court and quasi-judicial domestic and international tribunals. She frequently counsels her clients through contract disputes, civil investigations, consumer fraud and deceptive practice claims, as well as class action lawsuits.
Complex commercial litigation
Supported a multitude of commercial clients in navigating the complexities of litigation. Required expertise in electronic discovery, motions practice, and state and federal rules application. Reached efficient results for clients without interrupting their businesses.
Alternative dispute resolution
Used alternative dispute resolution mechanisms such as mediation and local and international arbitration to reach favorable outcomes. Negotiated common-sense settlements for clients.
Counseled several commercial clients through complicated state and federal jury trials, including selecting jurors, examining witnesses, and cross-examining opposition witnesses. Secured successful resolutions for clients.
* Denotes experience completed at a prior firm
Admitted to Practice
U.S. District Court Western District of Washington, 2013
U.S. District Court Eastern District of Washington, 2017
U.S. Bankruptcy Court Western District of Washington, 2017
University of Washington School of Law, 2013
- Order of the Coif
- Managing Editor, Pacific Rim Law and Policy Journal, 2012-2013
- CALI Awards: Torts, Civil Procedure, International Criminal Law
B.A., University of Washington, 2010
- Phi Beta Kappa Society
- Editor, The Orator (political science journal), 2009-2010
- Dean's List (all eligible quarters)
Memberships & Affiliations
- Ambassador Board, Friends of the Children Seattle
- King County Bar Association Pro Bono Neighborhood Legal Clinics
- Washington Women Lawyers
- Associated General Contractors of Washington
- National Association for Women in Construction
- Volunteer Tutor, Friends of the Children Seattle
- Associate, Dorsey & Whitney LLP, Seattle, 2017-2018
- Associate, 2013-2016; Summer Associate, 2012 – Ashbaugh Beal LLP, Seattle
- Research Assistant, Professor Kathryn Watts and Rafael I. Pardo, University of Washington School of Law, Seattle, 2011
- Administrative Assistant, Cox & Gracia CPAs P.S., Bellevue, Wash., 2006-2010
Your search returned no results. Please try another search or remove search criteria.