Sheila Curtin is a paralegal with DWT’s Trusts and Estates team, with more than 20 years’ experience as both a legal secretary and paralegal. This combination of skills and experience brings added value to the services the New York team can offer our clients.
The New York Trusts and Estates team concentrates its practice on estate planning, probate, and trust and estate administration.
Sheila’s areas of focus include:
- Drafting and preparation of petitions and the various forms required for probate, administration, adoption, and guardianship in the New York State Surrogate’s Courts and filing of documents in court
- Management of trust and estate checking and savings accounts, including bill payments and annual and quarterly distributions
- Preparation of Estate Accountings and assisting Fiduciary Administrators with the preparation of income tax returns
- Drafting and preparation of ancillary estate planning forms, such as powers of attorney, healthcare proxy and living wills
- Meeting with clients to gather asset information, explain various court processes, and obtain and notarize signatures
Memberships & Affiliations
- Notary Public, State of New York
- Legal Administrative Assistant, Trusts and Estates, Davidson Dawson & Clark LLP, New York
- Executive Legal Administrative Assistant, Real Estate and Corporate, Gotham Organization Inc., New York