David Daggett focuses his practice on intellectual property and other commercial transactions; technical standards setting; and intellectual property diligence in mergers and acquisitions. David also is a member of the patent bar who uses his patent experience in licensing transactions and due diligence. He is also experienced in coverage law and intellectual property litigation.
Admitted to Practice
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
J.D., Gonzaga University School of Law, 1998, summa cum laude
- CALI/AmJur Award in 16 subjects
- Dean’s Medal
- Intramural Moot Court (First Place Team and Best Oralist)
- National Moot Court (Member, Regional First Place Team)
- Thomas More Scholarship
- Phi Delta Phi Legal Fraternity
B.A., Economics, University of California, Los Angeles, 1987
- Regent’s Scholar
- Dean’s Scholar
- Alumni Scholar
Memberships & Affiliations
- Bar Exam Grader, Idaho State Bar
- Knights of Columbus, 2003-present
- Adjunct Professor, Gonzaga University School of Law, 2001-present
- Church volunteer activities, 1991-present
- Partner, K&L Gates, Spokane and Seattle, Wash., 2007-2009
- Partner, 2005-2007 and Associate, 2000-2005, Preston Gates Ellis, LLP, Spokane and Seattle, Wash.
- Associate, 1998-2000, and Law Clerk, 1996-1998, Johnson, McLean, Devlin, & Miller/Johnson Law Group, Spokane, Wash.
- Partner and Director of Technical Services, Leviathan Development, Los Angeles, 1983-1991