Cliff DeGroot focuses his practice on counseling startups, emerging growth companies, and restaurants. He has extensive experience forming and structuring corporations, limited liability companies, and limited partnerships, and frequently advises clients on mergers, acquisitions, and private placements of convertible notes, preferred stock, limited liability company interests, and limited partnership interests to angel investors, venture capital groups, and private equity funds.
Cliff is also a certified public accountant (inactive) with a solid background in accounting and finance, having served as the senior financial officer for multiple companies, and as an auditor for an international accounting firm.
Admitted to Practice
J.D., University of Oregon School of Law, 2005
- Business Law Statement of Completion
- Quarterfinalist, National Tax Moot Court Competition
- Regional Mediation Competition
- Co-chair; Board Member – Law and Entrepreneurship Students Association
B.S., Accounting and Finance, University of Oregon, 1994
Memberships & Affiliations
- Oregon State Bar Association
- Former Board Member, ReFIT Remodeling for Independence Together
- Former Youth Soccer Coach, Tualatin Soccer Club and Lake Oswego Soccer Club
- Named one of "America's Leading Lawyers for Business" by Chambers USA in Corporate/M&A Law (Oregon), 2021-2023; Listed as "Up and Coming" in Corporate/M&A (Oregon), 2016-2018
- Named one of the "Best Lawyers in America" in Corporate Law by Best Lawyers, 2020-present