Desktop Image: DeGroot, Clifford A.
Mobile Image: DeGroot, Clifford A.
Clifford's No Dabbler Details
Hometown: Portland, Ore.
What’s your sweet spot as it relates to this industry?
Working with private placements (raising funds through the sale of securities).
What was your favorite food as a kid?
If you couldn’t be a lawyer, what would you be?
Pro soccer player, but that would also mean that I would need speed and agility.
Why is food/bev/ag your chosen industry?
I was the commercial manager for a food-processing company early in my career and developed an appreciation and understanding for the industry that continues today.
What book or song inspires you the most, and why?
"Lean on Me" by Bill Withers, because it speaks to having a support network and being there for others when they need a friend.
What is your favorite quote?
I could tell you, but I don’t think it is fit for public print. It was what Miles told Joel in [the movie] “Risky business” and speaks to taking a risk and seeking opportunity.
What is your favorite food travel destination, and why?
Greece because I love Mediterranean food.
Admitted to Practice
J.D., University of Oregon School of Law, 2005
- Business Law Statement of Completion
- Quarterfinalist, National Tax Moot Court Competition
- Regional Mediation Competition
- Co-chair; Board Member – Law and Entrepreneurship Students Association
B.S., Accounting and Finance, University of Oregon, 1994
Memberships & Affiliations
- Oregon State Bar Association
- Former Board Member, ReFIT Remodeling for Independence Together
- Former Youth Soccer Coach, Tualatin Soccer Club and Lake Oswego Soccer Club
- Listed as "Up and Coming" in Corporate/M&A (Oregon) by Chambers USA, 2016-2018
- Named one of the "Best Lawyers in America" in Corporate Law by Best Lawyers, 2020-present
Your search returned no results. Please try another search or remove search criteria.