Marjan takes a holistic approach towards representing her clients, with the goal of understanding what's driving a deal from a business standpoint. Her background as in-house legal counsel at a commercial real estate company has provided her with invaluable insight into the day-to-day business and legal issues experienced by developers, building owners, and property managers, and has allowed her to form a pragmatic approach to her deals.
Marjan represents developers, property owners in all aspects of real estate transactions and development, including commercial leasing, property acquisitions and dispositions, due diligence and feasibility analyses, development strategies, environmental review, and construction and design contracting. She often drafts and negotiates a variety of commercial agreements, including leases, subleases, purchase and sale agreements, license agreements, and easements. Her leasing practice encompasses office, retail, build-to-suit, industrial, and ground leases. She also advises clients on real estate matters related to mergers and acquisitions.
Additionally, Marjan represents global cloud-based infrastructure service providers in connection with colocation agreements, data center developments, hosting agreements, service level agreements, indefeasible rights of use agreements and related telecommunications infrastructure agreements.
Commercial and industrial leasing
Acquisitions and dispositions
Cloud-based Infrastructure Transactions
Admitted to Practice
New York Inactive, 2008
New Jersey, Inactive, 2008
J.D., Brooklyn Law School, 2008
- CALI Awards for Excellence in Legal Writing and Comparative Mass Media Law
- Real Estate Society
B.A., English and Political Science, University of Washington, 2005
- Dean’s List
- Phi Eta Sigma Honor Society
- Legal Counsel, Lake Washington Partners LLC, Issaquah, Wash., 2015-2018
- Associate, Environmental and Land Use Departments, Short Cressman & Burgess PLLC, Seattle, 2013-2015
- Associate, Environmental Department, Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP (formerly Farer Fersko P.A.), Woodbridge, N.J., 2010-2013
- Law Clerk, Hon. David F. Bauman, New Jersey Superior Court, Monmouth County, Freehold, N.J., 2008-2009