Marjan takes a holistic approach towards representing clients in real estate matters. When she first speaks with a client about a transaction, her goal is to understand what’s driving a deal from a business standpoint. Her background as legal counsel at a commercial real estate company has provided her with invaluable insight into the day-to-day business and legal issues experienced by building owners, and has allowed her to form a pragmatic approach to her deals.
Marjan represents developers, property owners, tenants and business owners on a variety of real estate and land use matters. She often drafts and negotiates a variety of commercial agreements, including leases, purchase and sale agreements, and license agreements. Her leasing practice encompasses office, retail, build-to-suit, industrial, and ground leases. She also advises clients on real estate matters related to mergers and acquisitions.
Commercial and industrial leasing
Acquisitions and dispositions
Admitted to Practice
J.D., Brooklyn Law School, 2008
- CALI Awards for Excellence in Legal Writing and Comparative Mass Media Law
- Real Estate Society
B.A., English and Political Science, University of Washington, 2005
- Dean’s List
- Phi Eta Sigma Honor Society
- Legal Counsel, Lake Washington Partners LLC, Issaquah, Wash., 2015-2018
- Associate, Environmental and Land Use Departments, Short Cressman & Burgess PLLC, Seattle, 2013-2015
- Associate, Environmental Department, Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP (formerly Farer Fersko P.A.), Woodbridge, N.J., 2010-2013
- Law Clerk, Hon. David F. Bauman, New Jersey Superior Court, Monmouth County, Freehold, N.J., 2008-2009