Josh Friedmann handles real estate transactions and land use matters for clients ranging from infrastructure authorities, pension funds, and blue-chip companies to startups and small family foundations. He also advises various nonprofit and community organizations on governance, transactions, and risk-management issues. Josh is focusing his practice on supporting sustainable public-private and mixed-use development projects, conservation transactions, and other projects with public- and government-facing concerns.
Before law school, Josh served as aide to the White House's Council on Environmental Quality, where he worked with agency officials, advocacy organizations, lawmakers, and legislative staff to advance the Obama Administration's environmental policy priorities.
In summer and fall of 2020, Josh took a leave of absence from Davis Wright Tremaine to serve as the Biden-Harris campaign's regional voter protection director for the greater Palm Beach region of Florida.
Admitted to Practice
J.D., Harvard Law School
- Teaching Assistant, Affordable Housing Development
- Editor, Harvard Environmental Law Review
B.S., Political Science, Tufts University, summa cum laude
- Internships with U.S. House Energy & Commerce Committee, Office of Governor Chris Gregoire, and Massachusetts Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs
- Elected to Phi Beta Kappa
Memberships & Affiliations
- Content Editor, Ch. 23: Land Use and Environmental Law, Washington Lawyer's Practice Manual, King County Bar Association, Ongoing
- Board Member; Executive Committee; Chair, Political Committee – Washington Conservation Voters
- Social Action and Government Affairs Working Group, Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle, Ongoing
- Summer Associate, Davis Wright Tremaine, Seattle, 2016
- Summer Associate, Pacifica Law Group, Seattle, 2015
- Special Assistant, Council on Environmental Quality at The White House, Washington, D.C., 2012-2014
- Legislative Assistant, UPS Corporate Public Affairs, Washington, D.C., 2011-2012
- External Affairs Assistant, Tufts University, Medford, Mass., 2010-2011