Penny Godwin joined the firm in early 2016 with more than 25 years of experience as a tax, trusts, and estates paralegal. She has a wide range of experience in the areas of estate-planning document drafting, probate and trust administration, and estate tax return preparation. Penny finds it rewarding to assist our clients through the often-sensitive territory of probate and trust administration after the loss of a loved one.
Penny's areas of focus include:
- Compiles information and prepares federal estate and various state inheritance and estate tax returns for attorney review.
- Assists in all aspects of trust and estate administration, including:
- Preparation of probate pleadings
- Drafting estate planning documents
- Preparation of transfer documents to distribute estate assets and/or fund trusts
- Meeting with attorneys, clients, and third parties to facilitate administration of estates and trusts
- Obtaining valuation information, preparation of accountings, and distribution schedules
- Handling creditor’s claims
- Research related to estate tax and probate matters, including obtaining real property information, stock valuations, life insurance and brokerage account information and valuation.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Oregon Paralegal Association
- American Mensa LTD
- American Civil Liberties Union
- Southern Poverty Law Center
- National Wildlife Federation
- Oregon Humane Society
- Tax & Probate Paralegal, Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt, 1986-2015