Jayanne Hino helps her clients move quickly from letter of intent to closing on the purchase, sale, and financing of commercial real estate projects. She enjoys helping her clients identify, assess, and resolve issues and risks in owning and financing multifamily, office, hotels, industrial, and mixed-use projects.
Depending on client needs, Jayanne pulls together client teams to advise on a wide range of topics, including site-evaluation and development, due diligence review, land use, environmental, condominium, and leasing issues. She regularly represents both borrowers and lenders in real estate financing transactions (acquisition, construction, and permanent loans). When representing the borrower, she works hard to negotiate documents that maximize the borrower’s flexibility in running its business while limiting recourse against the borrower as much as possible.
Jayanne also enjoys working on the real estate aspects of corporate mergers and acquisitions. She recognizes that real estate can’t be the tail that wags the dog on M&A deals. She helps clients evaluate the real estate portfolio; obtain needed consents and amendments from landlords, lenders, and other third parties; and explore ways to structure the deal to minimize state and local transfer taxes.
Real estate purchases and sales
Admitted to Practice
B.A., English, Yale University, cum laude
M.A., Executive Not-for-Profit Leadership Program, Seattle University
J.D., University of Washington School of Law
- Managing Editor, Washington Law Review
Memberships & Affiliations
- Northwest Regional Governor Alternate, 2006-2007; Host Committee and Programs Committee, 2008 Annual Conference – National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- Board of Directors, Asian Bar Association of Washington, 2009, 2006-2007
- Commissioner, American Bar Association Commission on Racial and Ethnic Diversity in the Profession, 2003-2006
- Planning Committee member and frequent moderator, ABA National Conference for the Minority Lawyer, 2002-2007
- Board of Directors, 2001-2004; Chair, Community Building Committee, 2001-2003 – United Way of King County
- Tutor, Youth Tutoring Program, Yesler Terrace Housing Project, 2002-2005
- Board of Directors, Leadership Tomorrow, 1998-2004
- Named one of the "Best Lawyers in America" in Real Estate Law by Best Lawyers, 2020-present
- Selected in 2006 to join the Fellows of the American Bar Foundation, an honorary organization of attorneys, judges and law professors. Membership in the Fellows is limited to one-third of one percent of lawyers licensed to practice in each jurisdiction.