Desktop Image: Inslee, Davina
Mobile Image: Inslee, Davina
Davina Inslee has more than 20 years of experience practicing technology and intellectual property law in Seattle. As a former chief IP counsel, Davina concentrates her practice on legal matters in the technology industry, including product development and commercialization, intellectual property and patent licensing, compliance, and distribution. Davina’s experience working in-house provides years of experience supporting research and development for diagnostics, machine learning, clean energy, and other transformative technologies, with an emphasis in biotechnology. Davina has extensive experience negotiating complex development and license agreements, material transfer agreements, collaborative research agreements, manufacturing and supply agreements, and public-private partnerships with companies, non-governmental organizations and academic institutions. She especially enjoys advising clients on legal issues at the intersection of global health and development and social impact. These experiences allow Davina to provide creative solutions in deals where technology and intellectual property are the value drivers.
Davina drafts and negotiates collaborative research agreements, data sharing agreements, and co-development agreements with technology companies and academic institutions for a wide range of technologies, including lateral flow assay design, vaccine and drug delivery, CRISPR, biometrics, cervical cancer screening, and various hardware and software.
She supports product development for affordable and accessible technologies that solve the biggest problems in global health such as, malaria diagnostics, portable, smart ultrasound, HPV image recognition, medical cold chain equipment, computational disease modeling, and rapid diagnostics.
Emerging technology development and licensing
Davina represents emerging technology clients on development and licensing in multiple emerging areas including artificial intelligence, wearables, advanced diagnostics, robotics, CRISPR, and implantable drug delivery.
Admitted to Practice
Illinois, Inactive, 1990
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
J.D., Indiana University Maurer School of Law, 1993
B.S., Purdue University, 1990
Memberships & Affiliations
- Chair, Executive Committee, Intellectual Property Section, Washington State Bar Association, 2007
- Treasurer, Executive Committee, Seattle IP Inn of the Court, 2013-2015
- Licensing Executives Society
- Intellectual Property Law Section, American Bar Association
- Board Member, Center for Children and Youth Justice
- Lead Counsel, Global Good & Research, Intellectual Ventures, Bellevue, Wash., 2015-2019
- Chief Intellectual Property Counsel, Vulcan Inc., Seattle, 2005-2015
- Chief Intellectual Property Counsel, T-Mobile USA Inc., Bellevue, Wash., 2003-2005
- Patent Counsel, Light Sciences Corporation, Snoqualmie, Wash., 2002-2003
- Associate, Perkins Coie LLP, Seattle, 2000-2002
- Associate, Sachnoff & Weaver LTD, Chicago, 1998-2000
Your search returned no results. Please try another search or remove search criteria.