Omar Johnny has over 15 years of experience as a paralegal in the areas of complex litigation, intellectual property enforcement, and communications matters. He focuses on enforcement of intellectual property rights by working with investigators, hosting entities, registries, and registrars to identify and disable counterfeiter domains. Omar also works with financial institutions to restrict and seize accounts of counterfeiters and infringers illegally profiting from clients. He is experienced at initiating actions within federal court and managing the litigation throughout motion practice and trial.
Omar works with an innovative team to develop efficient and secure electronic transfer of analytics pertaining to the infringement actions that he manages. He also collaborates with the development team to create automated legal documents allowing the team to focus on substantive language.
Omar's areas of focus include:
- Assists with foreign and domestic counterfeiting, piracy, and infringement matters, including formal opposition and cancellation proceedings, cease and desist letters, investigations, seizures, and court actions
- Extensively involved in motion practice, trial preparation, and providing assistance during trial, including witness preparation and coordination, and gathering and preparing evidence
- Engages in initial filings, cite- and fact-checking, reviewing of all legal briefs, legal and factual research, and document review and organization
- Experienced with e-discovery and document database systems
- Responsible for organization of evidence, deposition preparation and coordination, and creating and maintaining witness file
J.D., New York Law School, 2011
B.S., Hobart and William Smith Colleges, 2004
- Legal Assistant, Simpson Thacher & Bartlet LLP, New York, N.Y., 2012
- Legal Assistant, Debevoise & Plimpton LLP, New York, N.Y., 2012
- Legal Assistant, Baker Hostetler, New York, N.Y., 2011-2012
- Legal Extern, Snackable Media, New York, N.Y., 2010
- Legal Extern, Nielsen Company Inc., New York, N.Y., 2010
- Litigation Paralegal, Hogan Lovells LLP, New York, N.Y., 2004- 2008