Travis Kaya counsels investors, developers, and lenders at all stages of complex real estate transactions. He has extensive experience in the acquisition, disposition, financing, and leasing of real property across the United States, including multi-family housing, commercial office buildings, industrial warehouses, agricultural land, and film studio space.In all deals, Travis works collaboratively with all parties to close even the most complex commercial transactions smoothly and efficiently. Travis also represents commercial banks and lending institutions in financing tax credit-supported affordable housing projects.
Commercial real estate transactions
Representing institutional investors in the acquisition, financing, and sale of commercial real estate assets including multi-family housing, industrial warehouses, agricultural land, and film studio space.
Financing affordable housing projects
Representing commercial banks in the construction and permanent financing of affordable housing projects that qualify for federal affordable housing tax credits and tax-exempt bond financing.
Admitted to Practice
J.D., Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, 2018
- Chief Developments Editor, Loyola of Los Angeles Law Review
- Alpha Sigma Nu Jesuit Honor Society
M.A., International Studies, University of Sydney, 2012
- Rotary Ambassadorial Scholar
B.A., Politics, Philosophy, and Economics, Pomona College, 2010
- Politeia Senior Thesis Prize
Memberships & Affiliations
- Board of Governors, Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Los Angeles County, 2019–present
- Board of Governors, Japanese American Bar Association, 2019–present
- Board of Directors, Educational Foundation, Japanese American Bar Association, 2019–present
- Member, Loyola Law School Juris Society, 2018-present
- Founding Member, Loyola Law School Asian Pacific Alumni Chapter, 2018-present
- Associate, 2018-2021; Summer Associate, 2017 – Venable LLP, Los Angeles
- Judicial Extern, Hon. Fernando M. Olguin, U.S. District Court, Central District of California, Los Angeles, 2017
- Judicial Extern, Hon. Suzanne H. Segal, U.S. District Court, Central District of California, Los Angeles, 2016
- Law Clerk, Office of the City Attorney, Los Angeles World Airports, Los Angeles, 2016
- Assistant Language Teacher, Japan Exchange and Teaching Program, Tottori Prefecture, Japan, 2012-2015