Ame Lewis partners with clients to find pragmatic and right-sized solutions to complex environmental issues. She brings expertise to a wide range of mergers and acquisitions and real estate transactions, where her work encompasses environmental due diligence, identification and analysis of environmental liabilities, negotiation of indemnity agreements and other contractual provisions, procurement of environmental insurance, and guidance on business transition issues.
Ame also provides ongoing counsel to businesses on matters of regulatory compliance and permitting. She advises her clients on remediation of contaminated properties, acting as a liaison in their interactions with environmental consultants and regulatory agencies. Ame brings particular industry knowledge to all stages of food production and manufacturing, from agriculture to restaurants, and from real estate development and traditional manufacturing to telecommunications. She has experience managing environmental issues for large real estate portfolios.
Food & Beverage
Recycling And Waste Management
Admitted to Practice
J.D., Washington University in St. Louis School of Law, 2001
- Executive Managing Editor, Journal of Law & Policy
B.A., Political Science, Women's Studies, University of Washington, 1994
Memberships & Affiliations
- Vice Chair, Waste and Resource Recovery Committee, ABA Section on Environment, Energy and Resources, 2018-present
- Board Member, Metropolitan Family Service, 2017-present
- Board Member, Portland Fruit Tree Project, 2014-2017
- Board Member, Art With Heart, 2004, 2008-2010