Douglas E. Litvack is a partner in the Washington, D.C. office of Davis Wright Tremaine, where he focuses his practice on antitrust litigation and counseling. Mr. Litvack also defends M&A transactions before the U.S. antitrust enforcement agencies and state attorneys general. He counsels clients on antitrust issues across a wide variety of industries, with extensive experience in the healthcare and life sciences, consumer products, and aerospace and defense industries.
Before entering private practice, Mr. Litvack was an attorney at the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) in the Bureau of Competition, Mergers IV Division. While there, he played a key role in several antitrust investigations and merger enforcement litigations. Mr. Litvack leverages his FTC experience to provide clients with candid and practical advice on the antitrust risk of transactions or conduct, and provides them with creative strategies to achieve their goals. For these reasons, clients routinely turn to Mr. Litvack for advice when facing significant antitrust problems.
Mergers & Acquisitions
Admitted to Practice
District of Columbia
J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, cum laude
- Recipient, International Academy of Trial Lawyers Student Advocacy Award
- Articles and Notes Editor, American Criminal Law Review
B.A., Economics, Colgate University
- Awarded the FTC’s Janet D. Steiger Award twice. Once for outstanding contributions to the FTC's Hospital Merger Litigations in 2012 and then again for his work on the Phoebe Putney Litigation Team in 2013
- Awarded the Stephen Nye Award in 2013, the FTC’s highest award given to a junior attorney, for his work on FTC v. St. Luke’s
- Recipient of the Georgetown University International Academy of Trial Lawyers Student Advocacy Award for his work in the D.C. Law Students in Court Clinic