Desktop Image: Mao, Florence Z.
Mobile Image: Mao, Florence Z.
Florence Mao is a litigator who defends employers against claims for workplace harassment and discrimination, retaliation, wrongful termination, failure to accommodate, and failure to engage in the interactive process in state and federal courts. She represents employers in all phases of litigation, from discovery to motions practice, and in agency investigations brought by the Oregon Bureau of Labor & Industries (BOLI) and the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). She also advises and counsels employers on best practices for human resources policies, including employee handbooks and arbitration agreements. Florence has experience working with companies of all sizes and works to understand the different needs of each client.
Successfully defending large and small businesses against claims of workplace harassment and discrimination, retaliation, and wrongful termination through all stages of litigation. Negotiating settlements with favorable results for employers.
Obtaining dismissals of federal and state employment agency charges against employers for claims of workplace harassment and discrimination, retaliation, and wage and hour issues, preparing and submitting responses laying out each factual and legal defense.
* Denotes experience completed at a prior firm
Admitted to Practice
U.S. District Court District of Oregon, 2017
U.S. District Court Western District of Washington, 2017
U.S. District Court Eastern District of Washington, 2017
J.D., Brooklyn Law School, 2014
- Managing Editor, Journal of Law and Policy
B.A., Barnard College, Columbia University, 2008
Chinese (Mandarin), and French
Memberships & Affiliations
- Young Lawyers Section Pro Bono Committee, Multnomah Bar Association, 2016-2018
- Oregon Women Lawyers
- Oregon Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- Board Member, First Book Portland, 2017-2018
- Associate, Gordon Rees Scully Mansukhani LLP, Portland, Ore., 2017-2018
- Judicial Law Clerk, Hon. Karin J. Immergut, Multnomah County Circuit Court, Portland, Ore., 2016-2017
- Associate, Lehner & Rodrigues PC, Portland, Ore., 2015-2016
- Law Clerk and Attorney, Cauble, Cauble & Selvig LLP, Grants Pass, Ore., 2013-2015
- Civil Rights Law Clerk, U.S. Attorney’s Office, Eastern District of New York
- Certified Law Clerk, U.S. Attorney’s Office, District of Oregon
- Judicial Intern, Hon. Paul J. Papak, U.S. District Court, District of Oregon
Your search returned no results. Please try another search or remove search criteria.